Your safety and well-being are of utmost concern to us. Please review these Safety Tips and use them as guidelines in connection with your use of the GA Media LLC (“us,” “we” or “our”) website and apps (collectively, the “Service”). Please remember, no matter how hard we work to keep you safe, it is ultimately your responsibility to use common sense both online and offline.
Keep Your Personal Information Private
1. Do not share any personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, actual geographical location or links to other social networking profiles), in your profile or in messages that you send other users. Keep this information private until you feel completely comfortable sharing it with matches.
2. Do not use photos or usernames that you have posted on other social networking sites on this Service, because it allows others to easily find you and find out information about you.
3. Use a temporary, disposable phone number or a Google voice number for added privacy.
4. Never give out your financial information (such as your social security number, credit card, debit card, PayPal account information, banking information or any other similar financial information) to any user, no matter how nicely they ask for it or what they say they need it for. Beware of sob stories about sick family members or pets, or needing to pay bills.
Meet in Public
1. Meet someone the first few times in a public place (such as a restaurant, cafe or museum) during the day. Do not invite strangers to your home or a secluded place.
2. Always let someone you know well and trust (such as your family or friends), where and when you are going, and who you are meeting before you go.
3. Consider having a friend accompany you.
4. Have your own transportation to and from the date. Do not accept a ride from your date.
5. Bring your phone with you. Make sure your phone is charged and you are going to a place where you have good cell phone reception.
Report Inappropriate Behavior and Behavior that Makes you Feel Uncomfortable
1. The Service is not an escort service, and we prohibit escorts and prostitutes from using the Service. Report users who (a) request or offer sexual favors in exchange for money, or (b) solicit clients for a prostitute or escort service.
2. The Service is only for users who are 18 years of age or older. Having an arrangement or relationship with anyone under 18 is illegal. Report users who tell you they are under 18 or you suspect are under 18.
3. Report users who post or send material that exploits people under 18 or solicit information from anyone under 18.
4. Report users who transmit chain letters or junk mail to you or other users.
5. Report users who publish or display defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive or illegal material or any materials that violate a third party’s rights.
6. Report any users who advertise or solicit you or other users to buy or sell products through the service, or use the Service to post solicitations of employment, business or pyramid schemes.
7. Report users who harass you or others.
8. Report users who ask for money up front before meeting in person.
9. Report users who ask for your address so they can send you gifts.
10. Report users who post fraudulent, false, misleading or inaccurate information on the Service or who are impersonating or misrepresenting an affiliation or connection any person.
11. Report users who are soliciting gambling or engaging in any gambling or any similar activity on the Service.
12. Report users who are using the Service for any activity that violates any law, rule, regulation or statute or encourage anyone else to do so.
Keep your Service Account Secure
1. Do not disclose your login information and password for the Service to any third party.
2. Do not write down your login information and password for the Service and leave it in a place where third parties can find it.
3. Do not store your login information and password for the Service on a computer or mobile device that is unencrypted.
4. Use a complex password for the Service that is at least 8 characters long and contains at least one number, one capital letter and one symbol. Your password for the Service should be different than the passwords you use for your other on-line services.
5. Change your password for the Service every 4 weeks.
6. You provide us with your email address when you register for the Service, and we email you communications to that email address. Do not give your email login ID and password to anyone else.
If you suspect that a user may be connected to a scam, or if you believe you have been the victim of a scam, please promptly report such behavior to us at any time at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (972) 696-9730. Please note, we monitor this number and email address only during the business hours of 9am-5pm central time. For emergencies and where you feel you are in danger, immediately call 911 and report the situation to your local law enforcement authorities. If you were defrauded by someone you met in person, please immediately call your local law enforcement authorities.
In the United States, you can also report scams to Internet Fraud Complaint Center. Here is a link to a video that explains how to file such a report: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/audio-video/video/how-file-complaint-federal-trade-commission .
1. Avoid sex opportunists. Sex opportunists are sugar daddies who make big promises but their only goal is to have sex with you and not form a solid arrangement. You can avoid being taken advantage oy a sex opportunist by not, among other things, (a) having sex on the first date, (b) agreeing to a “test-drive,” and (c) immediately trusting someone who offers you a large allowance.
2. Avoid financial opportunists. Financial opportunists are boys that are only after your money, and they have no intention of ever having an arrangement or relationship with you. You can avoid being taken advantage oy a financial opportunist by, among other things never sending money to someone you do not have an arrangement or relationship with for any reason (including without limitation, travel expenses, medical emergency, or to prove that you are a real sugar daddy).
3. As noted in #4 of the “Keep Your Personal Information Private” section above, do not give your financial information, bank account information, debit card information, PayPal account information, credit card information or any other similar financial information to anyone.
4. Only directly interact with a potential match. Do not directly interact with third parties who claim to represent a potential match, and immediately report any such third party intermediaries to us as noted in #1 of the “Report Inappropriate Behavior and Behavior that Makes you Feel Uncomfortable” section.
5. Do not extend an allowance, wire, transfer or otherwise send money to anyone you have not met in person.
6. Do not accept cashier or certified checks or money orders. If they are fake and a bank cashes them, you will be held financially responsible.
Take your Time, Get to Know your Match, and Trust your Instincts
1. It takes time to get to know someone. Take your time, and really get to know your matches.
2. We do not perform background checks on Service users. Do your own research, (including without limitation background checks based on the information a user provides to you), and always find out more about someone before you decide to meet them in person.
3. Do not discuss sex in your profile description or messages to other users.
4. Trust your instincts. If something does not feel right with a particular person, do not continue to pursue that person as a match.
Check Out these Additional Resources on On-Line Safety
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources: